Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.20.11

I got to see Elle last night. We went to Red Robin for dinner. Bottomless fries! She had a bottomless root beer float and I had a Guinness. It was watered-down, not too great. Shame I had to pay five bucks for it. Afterwards we went to the Fairfield Mall and looked around. She got some cheap jewelry and I got a new wallet. I spied one I really liked for $40, knew I'd never pay that much for a wallet; and then I found the same wallet in a for-sale bin for only $12. Quite the steal. It's really great getting to know her more, spending time with her, walking hand-in-hand through the mall. I hate malls, I really do. But it was okay since she was there. Hell, not just okay. It was great. 

More snow fell this afternoon. Six inches, I think. More coming tonight. I'm ready for spring to get here. The snow dampened my plans to head down to Cincinnati (since I have tomorrow off), but I'm going to go down Saturday night through late Sunday morning. See tons of good people, escape the boredom and monotony of Dayton, if only for a little while; and then it's right back into the swing of things.

I haven't gained any weight since my last weigh-in in October, but I haven't lost any either. So I've been stable, which is good. Usually I gain weight this time of year (like most people). Once spring comes, I know I'll get a second wind, more determination, all that. Even still, though I perceive myself as being "big", I know I'm a small guy. Elle called me petite, and Carly told me I was quite small. Eh. I just want to rid of this gut and waist flab. Everything else is picturesque :). 

Now to do some writing before going to bed. 
Not sure what tomorrow holds, but I'm optimistic.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

Looking forward to going to Cincy with you bro.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...