Thursday, January 28, 2010

a good weekend is comin' up!

It sucks not having a car. I had an interview today. It went pretty well.

My good friend Jobst treated me to a Chinese buffet for lunch and then we went downtown and parked at Fountain Square and walked to the Cincinnati Tobacconist and he bought me my graduation gift: an absolutely beautiful pipe and a blend of pipe tobacco. We returned to my place and our friend Isaac joined us and we smoked our pipes and played chess. I won one and Isaac won one. Poor Jobst lost both times he played.

Tomorrow I may be going to a bar with Sarah and one of her friends. Or I may be lounging around the house with my friend Tony after he gets off work. It's all up in the air right now. The bar scene isn't really mine but sometimes when I go to bars I like to pretend and it ends up being awkward and funny.

On Saturday my friends Dylan and Tyler are coming into town, and we're going to a kegger at my friend Nate's house. It's a $5 cover charge and all proceeds go to the American Red Cross to held post-earthquake Haiti. A lot of people at the school got really upset about it. But I'm graduated now, so it doesn't matter. Doesn't affect me one tiny bit.

I'm tired of being unemployed. I'm tired of being alone.
I feel like my life is going nowhere.
But at least I have this computer.
And I have the silence at night to write.
And I write fantasies and transcribe them into novels.
And I write echoes of my own tormented mind.
And these echoes become novels as well.
Set in postapocalyptic scenarios.
Because I feel that's what my life is.
I've already had the best.
Now I'm running on fumes.
There's nowhere to look but down.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...