Friday, January 22, 2010

sick but writing

I hate being sick. The awful cough and the itching lungs and the sore throat is gone, but now I am more congested than I've ever been. My head is hurting and my nose won't stop running and my ears are popping. Not a big fan. But I'm not letting it render me useless. Today I hope to finish several pages on one of my books, "the toothless kiss of skeletons." I have reformatted and redesigned it so that it comes out to be about 250 pages. The original would have been around 600 pages. I have been really wrestling with this project, trying to figure out where to go with it; and I've finally come to a certifiable conclusion. Speaking of conclusions, I've again decided to take "A Dream For Us" in a different, non-zombie route. I want to break from the zombie genre and enter into the mainstream. Hopefully with "A Dream For Us," "The Boy Who Hoped," and "the toothless kiss of skeletons" I can do so.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...