Thursday, January 21, 2010

i've come down with somethin'

This week has been marked with both good points and bad points. A pretty vicious cycle slammed me for several days, and I was overcome with great depression. The cycle began the week before last, and during that time I foolishly said some things that hurt someone very close to me. Thankfully everything is resolved and the friendship is back on track. It has been difficult wrestling with this depression, and it has taken a lot out of me. In TIME MAGAZINE there was an add for some sort of bipolar depression medicine, and the add said: "Bipolar depression does not just affect you, it can consume you." How true. Your perception of reality is distorted, hopelessness invades, and your world becomes all dark and numb.

Yet amidst the depression there have been high points. I've gotten to hang out with very good friends, and I've written some amazing work on one of my stories (I am currently working on three at the moment). The next few days look pretty promising as well. Tonight I'll be hanging out with my friend Matt. Tomorrow I'll be hanging out with my friend Mandy, then going to House Church, and then perhaps going clubbing at Mount Adams with friends from the House Church.

Oh: I'm also downright, awfully sick. Some sort of respiratory infection. I've gotten it before. Labored breathing. Itching lungs. A god-awful cough. I keep coughing up stuff that I didn't even know I had in me. It's not fun at all. Oh, and it makes my muscles itch something awful, especially in the middle of my back. I'm not a big fan.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...