Saturday, January 09, 2010

heading to dayton in a few hours

I had the joy of working at the Hilltop Cafe for my last time (again) this morning. Karen asked me if I could work a shift for priority registration for incoming students, and I was more than eager to take up the call and make coffee drinks for three and a half hours. I then went to Tri-Health and visited Sarah at work, and she made me a vegetable wrap with grilled chicken with Italian pasta on the side. I have spent the rest of the afternoon drinking coffee and working on my sermon for tomorrow; it is on a biblical, Christian approach to homosexuality, from a conservative position. I will probably post my sermon on here for anyone's interest. Sarah is probably on her way home now, and we're going to dye her hair for a party she's going to tonight, and then I'm heading up to Dayton to see the family and hopefully spend some time with my friends Dylan and Tyler. I preach tomorrow morning at Northern Hills Christian Church, and then it's a luncheon with some friends and some much-needed relaxation (despite not having a job, I spend approximately 8-10 hours a day job-hunting; it'll be nice to have a "day off" to actually enjoy my unemployment!).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...