Monday, January 11, 2010

missing coffee


Sarah and I cruised around Newport for a while this afternoon, searching for a T-Mobile store (we had no luck). Craving some coffee and not wanting to allow the trip to be a waste of time, I suggested we get some coffee. Sarah agreed. So we parked outside the Levee and went inside, and she got a muffin and coffee, and I got a pizza bagel and an iced caramel macchiato, and we browsed the classics in Barnes & Noble and flipped through some humorous post-cards. I miss working at a cafe, and tomorrow, I think, I am going to call every coffee shop within a twenty-mile radius and see if I can't land a job somewhere. My experiences in the workplace are essentially relegated to making coffee and customer service, and a job as a barista would enable me to make some income while simultaneously enjoying myself. I just don't want to work at Starbucks (even though I'll drink their cheap coffee; and I don't mean cheap by the price).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...