Monday, January 25, 2010

an update

My brakes blew out yesterday. I pulled up beside the house to park and heard the most god-awful sound and saw bits of metal blow out from underneath my car. I turned it around and drove down the road and sure enough the brakes weren't working and I had to use the emergency brake to slowly pull it to a stop in the overflow parking at the school down the street. It won't be fixed till around Monday or Tuesday which means I'm car-less and which also means it'll be pulling teeth to get to job interviews. Oh well.

Last night Sarah and I went to The Sunset Pub down the street. A hole-in-the-wall bar with dim lighting and a worn pool table. We were really the only ones there and we sat and talked and played a digital game on a boxy computer and she had a beer and I had a shot of bourbon. This morning Mandy drove me to Dayton since my car is broken and she made me coffee and it was delicious and we shared lots of laughs and I'm forever grateful for her kindness. On Saturday my friend Isaac is throwing a kegger in honor of Haiti. Five dollars to get a cup for the keg and all proceeds go to the American Red Cross. A lot of people are going to be there: Isaac (obviously), Nate, Blake, Amos, Andy, Sarah, Amanda, Mandy, Rob, Dylan. It should be a good time. It has gotten fiercely cold and snow has blanketed the city once again. I'm at 165 pounds which means I'm well over halfway to my goal of 140#. That's exciting and encouraging.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...