Monday, January 11, 2010

the lehman house [36]

Monday. Jessie and I shared breakfast before she headed off to her Early Week class. I spent the day looking for jobs and had chicken & mushrooms for lunch. I accidentally napped for two hours, woke up when Maggie called me. The voicemail was just background noise and she didn’t answer when I tried returning the call. Sarah, Ams & I watched “Year One.” Sarah looked so cute in her jammies with her shirt hiked up, revealing her chubby waist and stomach. I’m such a sucker for chubby girls!

Tuesday. I talked to Maggie last night, and it’s apparent that she doesn’t want to spend anymore time with me. Still reeling over her ex. That’s fine: as much as I denied my ongoing affections for Sarah, I know that such denial was wishful thinking. Sarah’s like a drug I crave, a drug I’ve never tasted and will never taste, a drug withheld. Jobst and I hung out this afternoon: lunch at Frisch’s followed by an Omnimax film on Egyptian mummies at the Museum Terminal. I went to the Hilltop to return some things, and I bought and made a latte. I’m not allowed to work there anymore since I’m no longer a student, but Karen said I could cover a shift Saturday. Jessie came over, and we watched episodes of “Arrested Development” until Sarah got home around 8:00. I pulled a muscle in my back and was immobile for about an hour. Both Jessie and Sarah wanted to take me to the ER, but I refused. Eventually it got better. Sarah and I were up until midnight watching shows on torture methods.

Wednesday. Mandy & I grabbed lunch at some tea house in Clifton. We watched an episode of “Arrested Development” before she headed home to do homework. Tamar, a neighborhood boy, came over and drank some vodka. I found out and chewed him out. Sarah and I went to the UC basketball game with her friends Justin, Dustin, and Henry. A decent time with nachos. I got buzzed off a single beer.

Thursday. Snow fell all day, about 4”. The roads are awful. Sarah got off work early ‘cause of the snow, and I almost wrecked twice getting food from Chipotle. We watched “The Devil’s Advocate” and ate dinner. The infamous TTs stopped by; they shoveled our porch and walkway for $6. I ordered pizza and picked it up and once again almost wrecked ‘cause of the snow. I ended the night curled up on the sofa watching TV and lounging around in my boxers. My penis popped out and Ams & Sarah found that hysterical.

Friday. A lousy, snowed in afternoon made for lots of great writing. Jessie, Amos and Isaac came over for a little while, and it was a great time. I let Maebe crawl all over my back per Sarah’s request, and she tried to pull down my pants to shove the hamster down there. I stopped her, shouting “Animal abuse!”

Saturday. I worked 8:30-11:30 at the Hilltop for freshmen priority registration. I went to Tri-Health after work, and Sarah hooked me up with lunch. I went home and drank coffee and wrote my sermon for Sunday. It’s brave & daring, on homosexuality. “A Christian Approach to Homosexuality.” Kyle thinks I should entitle it, “Being Gay: How to Do It & Why You Shouldn’t.” When Sarah came home we watched the Bengals’ playoff game and dyed her hair black. She complained for about twenty minutes about how fat she was, even broke into tears. It’s ridiculous, ‘cause she’s beautiful. She went to a Christmas party for Tri-Health, and I headed to Dayton, took Maebe with me to show her off to Mom & Dad. Dylan & Tyler came over for a little bit.


Sunday. Sarah got TRASHED at the party, and her friend Jaclyn tried to hook her up with a friend of hers, but she refused, strangely enough. She ended up crashing at a friend’s house after standing in the frigid cold for over an hour. Dylan accompanied me to Northern Hills Christian Church where I preached. Most people loved it, especially the younger crowd, though some hated it. “You’re a brave man,” the elder told me. Dad & I worked on my car and then I headed back to Cincinnati to find Sarah hungover on the sofa. I told her I was proud of her for not having sex with anyone; that would’ve slain me. Ams & I watched “Inglorious Basterds”.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...