Monday, January 18, 2010

wrestling and struggling

Dad came down this morning and we went to Frisch's for breakfast. I got a coffee, orange juice, toast and eggs. We talked about a lot of stuff, primarily what I want to do in life. I really have no idea. I know there are things I like to do, and I should probably head in that direction. I have been struggling to find a job, and I've been harassed by my mom about it. She doesn't seem to believe that I have been rigorously looking and following up on leads all to no avail. Places are either not hiring (with the bad economy and the fact that January-February is the slump season for most businesses, this is no surprise) or I am unqualified (due to the economy, lots of experienced people are out of work and the result is that whatever job I apply for, there are countless others applying who have tons more experience). My dad has looked around Dayton and Cincinnati and has seen firsthand the slump. Come the end of April, if I don't have a job, I'll be moving back in with my parents, which will be sad (not because I dislike my parents, but because I'll be leaving all my Cincinnati friends behind). Right now things are looking pretty grim. I'm struggling to pay the bills and have almost no money to spend. I spend all day at home doing absolutely nothing except fruitlessly searching for jobs and wrestling through my depression. Life is bleak, and I don't seem to be moving forward, but I must persevere; what other choice do I have?

On a lighter note, last night I got to spend some time with good friends. Mandy, her sister Caitlin, Tony and I went to Newport and then to Steak & Shake. Tony had bought some bourbon, and we all took a shot or two. Bourbon is so delicious, there's no way around that, my friends.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...