Saturday, April 17, 2010

36 Hours Revision, III

It's taken about two months, but I've finally finished the revision of my original 2004 novel "36 Hours." And I must say, this is something I'm decently proud of. If readers liked the original, they'll love this one. If readers hated the original, then there's a good chance they'll like this one. The original banked out at around 330 pages. This one--with tons of new material (including two brand-new chapters and a new prologue) and reformatting and editing--comes to about 405 pages. That's 75 pages of new material. Now I'm going to write all the additional "flash-forward" scenes, which will come to about an additional 30 pages. Which means the book will be around 450 pages. I'm really excited about it, and I can't wait to make it available. Oh: I changed the ending. The ending is what many readers loved, and I've changed it to make it even better and more memorable.

Now I'm going to go have a beer to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow where can I get it??? O.O

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...