Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cincinnati, here I come (again)

I'm gearing up for another trip down to Cincinnati. It's 11:30 now (I think; my phone has a white screen of death, so I can't read/send text messages or use any of the other handy tools, like the clock) and I've been at Starbucks for a while. There are six "chapters" for the flash-forward scenes, and I've finished the first one (thirteen pages long). These chapters piece together what happened to the main character following the events of the original, unrevised "36 Hours." I'm taking a lot of the material from a first version of "The Toothless Kiss of Skeletons" (which I decided to write in a different manner, thus abandoning the earlier materials), and it fits pretty well. I just have to rewrite and re:summarize some things. I'll probably write the second "chapter" (it will only be 3-6 pages long) later today, and then next week I'll focus on getting the rest hammered out. It'll be a relief to have this revision done, then I can focus (maybe) on my revision of "Dwellers of the Night."

Like I said, I'm getting ready to head down to Cincinnati. I'm going to be running by the school to see some people, and then I'm going to be going to Refuge Coffee Shop for a while. I'm craving a latte (as you well know). Mandy and I may go to a park, and then Jessie and I are hanging out later. Around 8:30 or 9:00 I'm going to go by the house to see Sarah for a few before heading back to Cincinnati.

During my nap yesterday, I dreamt that I was a teaching pastor who taught New Testament bible studies and who knew Greek. I really wish I wouldn't have been such a slacker during college, and to be honest, part of me feels guilty. I haven't done much "biblical research" since graduating. I spent four years learning how to research and interpret the New Testament scriptures and it's all going to waste. But that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother time.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...