Saturday, April 10, 2010

the beginning


My good friend Patrick Hague is a pretty cool guy. He writes screenplays and has connections with film production companies. Early this week we met at Panera Bread and discussed writing a possible screenplay together. He wants me to write the story first, and then together we'll adapt it into screenplay form. We ordered our food and drinks and sat down and talked about the idea. It seems pretty solid. We actually came up with the idea for "Dwellers of the Night" together, but he became involved in other stuff so I wrote it myself. He wants this one to be truly collaborated. We're meeting together at least once a week to figure out what we're going to do with it. The story itself is pretty good, set during the Great Depression in the "dust bowl" of the west. Right now most of the burden is on my shoulders--I'm going to write the story while he finishes his current screenplay, something called "A Saviour Comes My Way." I'm excited about this story, and next week I'm going to really dig down into it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...