Monday, April 12, 2010

the dayton days (X)

Monday. I worked 7-3:00 and got tip money, which was nice. My afternoon was spent doing laundry and working out at the gym, followed by dinner with Hank at Panera Bread. We hashed out some ideas for a possible story adaptation of a music album. An amazing storm tore through, so much thunder and lightning and rain. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Tuesday. I worked 5-1:00 and got drunk off espresso trying to stay awake. I went to the gym after work. Sarah called, said she was listening to "our song." "All the Same" by the Sick Puppies. I'd forgotten about it. We dubbed it Our Song in 2007 because we heard it wherever we went. My trainer Jeff said that if I do an hour of cardio five to six days a week, plus strength training and eating right, I'll be in really good shape. I had chicken and vegetables for dinner. Jobst called, lamenting his life. "You want life change," I told him, "but it won't just happen. You have to MAKE it happen." I met Dewenter at a funeral home, and we went to some bar in Centerville. Tyler joined us. I had a Blue Moon. I went by Hank's to pick up a CD and then Tyler & I relaxed at my place. I went to bed around 10:00, talked to Jess Lynn for a while. She reminded me of what I want most: "A quiet life with a loving family." And you know what? Sarah isn't good enough for that.

Wednesday. I woke at 7:15, made coffee, and ran off to work: 8-4:00. It went well, and I have tomorrow off. I went to the gym and had chicken for dinner. Dylan and I went down to Cincinnati. We visited Sarah & Ams, and then we joined Mandy as she picked up Amos from work at the Brazilian restaurant downtown. On our way back to Dayton, I told Dylan, "Things with Sarah are getting better." He said moving back home was a good idea. I agree.

Thursday. A huge storm came through last night. I spent my morning working out and then went to Starbucks for an iced chai tea and wrote for a while. Before going home I went to Stubb's Park and took some pics. I want to start running there. I worked on 36H2, haven't done that for a while: so close to being done! I just don't have the energy. Ams came down for a doctor's appointment with Joe, and she and Mom got dinner at Penn Station and then came back by the house. We all hung out and Ams & I sat on the front porch and smoked cigarettes and talked. She's really depressed and lonely. "I only have Chris and Sarah, and both are immature and unreliable." I told her she always has me and that she always will; that's a two-way street, it works both ways, and I'm grateful for that. She went back to Cincinnati and I got Subway for dinner and watched The Kingdom before bed.

Friday. I covered Megan's 6-1:00 this morning, and she's covering my 9-5:00 tomorrow. After work I deposited my check and paid some bills, and then I went and worked out at the gym. Dylan and his parents are in Nashville, leaving Tyler home alone. So he came over and ew spent the day together: we got dinner at Chic-fil-A, went to Wal-Mart where I got some clothes, and then we went to The Greene and walked around and went to The Pub. Ams has been having ab pains--probably a uterine cyst--and was going to come up and go to the hospital but decided not to. 

Saturday. I went for a run at Stubb's Park this morning, and then I went to Tri-Health to see Sarah and got a Greek pizza and pasta and worked on 36H2. She showed me off to her friend Brenda: "Look at how much weight he's lost!" She got off at 2:00 and followed me up to my place. We went to Stubb's Park and took pictures, and we ate at Olive Garden and then went to Spring Valley for drinks. We played Mario-Kart at the house and smoked cigarettes on the porch. Lots of girls were making noises in the subdivision beyond the trees and we went into the thickets to scare them but they went inside. I told her I'm glad she came up and that I had fun and she said likewise and that she should come up again. 

Sunday. I slept in, went to the gym and worked out before lunch. I worked on 36H2 before going to work. My first closing shift. Lots of people are on vacations so I'm doing some closings over the next two weeks. "But I still want you to be an opener!" Faith exclaimed. And I honestly like openings better. I'm definitely a morning person. All during work I asked myself, "Was spending an entire day one-on-one with Sarah such a good idea?" I don't know. I still like her, despite my convoluted perception of her, but I know I'll end up with someone great. Not her, but someone great nonetheless. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...