Tuesday, April 13, 2010

tuna and writing


Move over Subway and Penn Station, Jimmy John's is in "da house." And I feel ashamed for actually writing that. But I truly do love Jimmy John's. Their club tuna--with cucumbers, tomatoes, and alfalfa sprouts--is probably one of the best things out there. Yesterday my friend Dylan and I grabbed dinner there and then we sat out on the front porch and talked for quite a while. It was great.

This week I am going to try to finish the majority of my revision of "36 Hours." I only have about four or five chapters to go before I deal with the present scenes. I continue to sell copies of the old version each week. I know this book will be pretty popular in its culture and genre once I finish it. I just need to find the time--between work, working out, and hanging out friends, time is sparse. But if my dream is to one day make a living off my writing, I must get started. My mind is reeling with ideas for the revision.

And you know what else? Another idea--unrelated--is to go and buy Alfalfa sprouts and tomatoes and tuna and make my own Jimmy John's. Bam. That's where I'm headed now!

2 comments:

Cory Isaac said...

alfalfa sprouts are the shit. one of the reasons i love jimmy johns.

darker than silence said...

Yeah, I have to go to a specialty store to buy them. Totally worth it, and the fiber is through the roof.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...