Monday, April 26, 2010

Moving Out, Part II


The picture above is the last picture the three of us ever had together as roommates. Once everyone was moved out of the Lehman House, that year--a bittersweet year, though more bitter at times than sweet--came to an end. And I was honestly saddened as I looked at their apartment with all their stuff boxed up inside, and they were excited to begin another year together, and then I drove an hour north back to my own place. I do miss Cincinnati. I miss the city and especially all the friends I have there: Rob and Mandy, Jessie and Tony, Amos, Jobst, etc. And I'll miss living with Amanda and Sarah. But I definitely think--no, I know--this is better for me.

I've always been the nostalgic kind of guy. Looking back into the past so much that I am blinded to the present, and the future then becomes skewed by the past. I am just hoping that this new chapter will bring some relief from the current of the last four-five years of my life. I'm hoping that things will start to change, that things will start to go my way. I hope the best for Amanda and Sarah, and I hope they have great times there. And I hope they miss me at least a little bit. I know I would!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...