Thursday, April 15, 2010

refuge coffee bar

My friend Nate and Rob are co-managers at a coffee shop in Price Hill, Cincinnati that opened just a few days ago. I saw it when the building--an old liquor bar--was being renovated. I drove down to Cincinnati this afternoon to check it out. It's pretty freaking awesome. The decor is great, the atmosphere is cozy and electric, and the coffee is way better than what I'm used to. Rob made me an almond mocha latte followed by a butterscotch latte. He's a master at latte art, and I'll be honest: it was one of the best lattes I've ever had. No lying whatsoever. Here's a picture of it (next to my trendy writing tablet, of course):


I told Ams today, "I wish I still lived in Cincinnati. If I did, I'd be at Refuge all the effing time."

I may be moving back down to Cincinnati in the Fall. Rob and Mandy, Blake, Amos, and Tony are renting a house on Claypole (right next to C.C.U.) and they'll have an open room starting this fall. Mandy says she wants me to move in. I think it'd be sweet, but I'd have to land a job down there (and it was tough enough getting the one I have now).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that Refuge was more open about it being a part of Vineyard Church!

Cory Isaac said...

i'll contradict the previous comment and say that i'm glad it's not open about it's affiliation with the church. it would just be another 'church whore' for christian consumer/consumption. if we want to be a part of the community, be part of the community. if we want to be part of the Church, be part of the Church. labels and affiliations are a hindrance to what we may or may not actually be.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...