Saturday, April 03, 2010

bridal shower and pennies

I got off work early enough to catch the tail-end of the bridal shower for my cousins Jesse and Jared. Jesse is marrying Mandy in June, and Jared is marrying Ashley in May. I'm going to be participating in Jesse's wedding, and I'll be the D.J. at Jared's reception. He's getting married in Cancun but having a reception afterward for everyone who won't be able to go to Cancun (including me; actually, only about eight-ten people will be in Cancun because it costs $1500).

This evening I went to the local Speedway to buy some drinks. I paid in dollar bills and then thirty cents in pennies. I handed it to the cashier and jokingly said, "I bet you love all those pennies!" (because everyone is self-conscious about paying in bulk pennies). She looked at me and said, "Are you telling me that because I'm Jewish?" To which I replied, "I didn't know you were Jewish." "I am," she said, "and I take offense." I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "All right, have a good night!" and hurried out of there. Quite awkward but hilarious at the same time.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...