Monday, April 19, 2010

the dayton days (XI)

Monday. I went to Stubb's Park this morning at dawn and sat on the patio and read 1 Peter and prayed. I made it to work on time--9:30-6:00--and I changed in the bathroom and went to the gym and worked out my abs. Dylan and I got dinner at Jimmy John's. I filed my taxes and called Sarah before bed.

Tuesday. I worked 6-2:30. Denise, an older woman who works there, asked if I had a girlfriend. "Nope." We talked about my lovely history of dating cheaters, liars, manipulators, and psychotics. "I'm going to find you a wife," she said, "because you're a treasure!" Ha. I went to Stubb's Park after work and ran and then took a two-hour nap. I went to Spring Valley and finished another chapter in 36H2 (only a handful to go!). Mom had her bible study here, and Megan M. was there. It was good catching up with her. Sarah said she'd call tonight but didn't.

Wednesday. I enjoyed some French-pressed coffee this afternoon and worked on 36H2. I worked 2:30-11:00. We weren't understaffed like we were on Sunday, so it went pretty well. The new girl, Jessica, is feisty, sassy, funny and cute. Ha. After work I called Sarah, and we talked for a while. Ams showed up around 11:30. She has an ultrasound tomorrow, probably has cysts on her uterus.

Thursday. I worked on 36H2 at work with some free espresso. I chowed down some lunch and went down to Cincinnati. I lounged around the Lehman House for a while. Things are boxed up, move-out is in nine days (the 24th). The End of an Era, and an end I long for. Ams and Sarah will be out of MY house (mine only in name on the lease). Hopefully the end of Charlene will mark the beginning of a new chapter absent all this Sarah hoopla. At 2:30 I went to Refuge. Nate's own coffee shop is finally open. He and Rob are co-managers. I got an almond mocha latte and worked on 36H2. Mandy and I hung out, and I got a butterscotch latte. She asked how things with Sarah are going. "I still like her." She just shook her head. Jessie, Mykaela and I met up at The Anchor. It was a great time, I took lots of pics. At the end of the night I hung out with Sarah at the house for a bit. She again said she loved Saturday and acted sad when I left. Do. Not. Read. Into. This. 

Friday. I worked 2:30-10:30 with Bethany and Leah. It went by pretty quickly, and I was home by 10:45. Sarah called me around 11:30, heading up to Hamilton to hang out with Jennifer and Stephanie. Her phone was dying, she said she'd call me back. We'll see. Last week she said she stopped hanging out with them because they were bad influences. That didn't last too long.

Saturday. Mom and Dad went on a mini-vacation today and tomorrow, so I had the house to myself. I got Chipotle for lunch and then went to the Route 48 Starbucks--Centerville Starbucks--and finished the last chapter in 36H2. Done? Not quite: I still have to redo the prologue, introductory materials, and parallel present-tense narrative. Dylan came over around 3:00. We enjoyed cigarettes and Front Porch Times, and we played Mario-Kart. We got burgers from DLM and ice cream. Tyler and Dewenter and his ex-girlfriend Lauren came over, and we played cigarettes and drank beer.

Sunday. I worked 2:30-10:30. On break I went to Kroger and got some barbecue chicken for dinner. I was in bed by 11:00. Mom & Dad got back from vacation while I was at work and were in bed by the time I got home. Sarah told me she'd been in Miamisburg with her family from Wilmington. "You should've stopped by to see me!" I said. "I wanted to," she replied, "but I didn't know where it was!"

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...