Thursday, April 22, 2010

cincinnati re:cap

Yesterday's visit to Cincinnati was pretty great. Jessie and I grabbed lunch at Sebastian's Greek Diner, and then Mandy and I went to some park in Clifton where there was a drop-off that dropped two hundred feet down into the ghetto. We spent some time at Refuge and Jessie and the Indian Kid Suraj joined us, and both Nate and Rob made me great lattes. I went by the old house and Sarah and I went to Mount Echo to take pictures in the dying sunlight. I got home around 10:00, my mind swirling with thoughts regarding certain friendships, the give-and-take of relationships, and human selfishness versus selflessness and how sometimes selfishness can be a good thing. Here is a picture of me and Mandy taken at the overlook:

Today I am going to clean out my car and reorganize my room and drink espresso and work out. I'm starting a relatively strict diet of eggs, lean meats, fruits and vegetables, and sparse whole grains. I'm at 151# and thus only have nine to go before I reach my original 53-pound "weight loss" goal declared on October 22 of last year. Tomorrow I work 6-2:30, and then I'm hopefully taking the van down to Cincinnati to move a bunch of shit out of the Lehman House, then swinging by Refuge for a drink and taking all the stuff back home, and Saturday I'm going BACK down to Cincinnati to move the rest of the furniture into Amanda and Sarah's new apartment on Rosemont Avenue. They're pretty excited about it. I haven't seen it yet.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...