Monday, April 05, 2010

my upcoming week

The internet at the house keeps hitting the rocks, so I'm at Starbucks right now. I worked 7-3:00 this morning, and then I did some laundry and went to the gym for an hour and a half. I'm meeting up with my friend Hank at Panera Bread in about an hour. We're going to hash out some ideas for a literary adaptation for some of his music. He's been into music and writing and screenplays and has good connections. It should be good. I've been thinking about rewriting "Dwellers of the Night" and trying to get it "really" published (i.e. in bookstores). I'm rewriting the first chapter right now. It starts off slow but then picks up speed like a lightning bolt: everything is calm and pretty and cheery and then BAM! the world is--forgive my French--fucked. Kinda like 2012 except not geological (although equally ridiculous).

I work tomorrow and Wednesday, have Thursday off (during which I may go down to Cincinnati and FINALLY finish moving all my stuff out; I still have three bookshelves and some books down there). I've traded my Saturday shift for a Friday shift, and Saturday I'm going to be spending the afternoon and evening with Sarah. She's coming up to visit and then going to Wilmington to visit her aunt and uncle. I work Sunday and then a new week begins. Every day this week I'm hitting the gym. At 154 pounds currently, hope to be at a solid 152 or 153 by the end of the week (i.e. Sunday). Gotta keep working off them man-boobs :)

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...