Tuesday, April 27, 2010

nightcap

Yesterday I went down to Cincinnati. Mandy texted me begging me to join her at some sushi buffet. So I went down, and she and our Thai friend Sa-Rah and the Indian kid Suraj joined us. The sushi was delicious. Afterwards I met up with my friend Jobst, and his friend Mike joined us at a coffee shop in Clifton. The waitress was cute and flirted with me, left a wink on my check. Ha. I got a nightcap: a cup of coffee with a shot of Wild Turkey bourbon on the side. I went over to Mandy's afterwards, and Rob got pizza and we played Mario-Kart, and Amos joined us and I took him home before returning to Cincinnati. Mandy and I talked about a lot of stuff going on in my life. Hard decisions that must be made. I am seeking wisdom in all of this. Here is a picture of my Nightcap (and, unfortunately, the pretty waitress is not in the picture):

Weigh-in today was at 153 pounds (losing weight gets tougher the closer I get to my goal, but each pound lost leaves a very noticeable difference). I went to the Gym and worked out this morning, and I had an egg and toast for breakfast. My grandma is in town for the week, and we're going to a Chinese buffet for lunch (she loves it). I did lots of research and found out how what foods are okay to eat and which are awful. I'm quite confident I can actually eat pretty healthy for lunch. This afternoon I'm going to get some writing done.

Mom has her High School Girls small group tonight; they're at North Park, and the girls asked Mom if I could come too. Haha. I am so popular with the young ones. A curse of my looks. Tomorrow my Week of Hell begins. I work nine days straight, some back-to-back 8-hour shifts. I'm not looking forward to it. But at least I'll be at 148# by the end of the week; of this I am sure. And work will actually help.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...