Monday, November 30, 2009

last post for November '09

Thanksgiving Break is over, and for the next two weeks I will be waist-deep in papers and projects. Actually, that's a lie. I have two fifteen-page papers to write (one on Life During the Babylonian Exile, another on the Complaints of Jeremiah) and one twenty-minute presentation to throw together. I'm more concerned about the papers than the presentation. I'm good with public speaking and holding peoples' attention with even the most boring of subjects. But other than homework, this week should be pretty easy. I have a job interview on Wednesday at a place called Transitions, Incorporated, right across the river. I'm unsure if I want the job, but I'll never pass down an interview. I need to get a good job, though, so I can stay in Cincinnati come May. I hope to be getting my own place, a quiet apartment somewhere, but a full-time and well-paying job is a necessity for this. I absolutely do not want to move back home, divorcing myself from the throngs of friends I have down here in Cincinnati. I'm plagued with Writer's Block once again, and whenever I start a book and get excited about it, it flounders. I think this may be due to the fact that my last novel was a quintessential masterpiece in my own eyes, a complexity of themes wrapped around the lives of several individuals, an 800-page marvel (in my own estimation). I've gotten countless excellent reviews from those who have read it (it's available in hardback and paperback online), and I'm worried that anything I spout out next won't be as good. What if I have reached the pinnacle of my "writing career"?

Now I'm off to the bank. I realized that I only have three bucks in my pocket and I owe Jessie twenty (she bailed me out of a dire predicament last week). Afterwards I shall clean the house for a bit. I wish I were taking my first nap of the week (I traditionally nap between 3:00 and 5:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays).

Hopefully December will be better than November.
But that may be asking for a lot seeing as I'll probably be jobless in three weeks!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...