Thursday, November 05, 2009

Weigh-In #2: 3 Weeks, 3 Days

While it's only been a few days since the last weigh-in update, I'm gonna go ahead and throw this up here for two reasons: first, because the actual information posted on Monday was retrieved Friday (the weigh-in and the pictures); and second, because the weigh-ins are supposed to come in on Thursdays, and as this is Thursday and I have weighed-in, it makes sense to post it. So the pics are below (the first from Friday last week, the second from today, nearly a week later). On Friday I weighed in at 195 pounds; when the weight-loss contest started, I weighed 192 (so I had gained three pounds). Today I weighed in at 186 pounds: nine pounds less from last week and six pounds less from the beginning of the contest (which is actually what matters). This week I will continue with the daily routine of working out for at least one hour a day and eating grilled fish and chicken, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lots and lots of water. The goal is to lose 50 pounds, and the contest ends on December 24. As of right now, here are the stats for everyone in the contest:

Team #1

Me: Beginning 192, Current 186 (-6 pounds)
Sarah: 137, 134 (-3 pounds)
Total: -11 pounds

Team #2
Tina: (-3 pounds)
Jeff: (-6 pounds)
Total: -9 pounds



5 comments:

Cory Isaac said...

why do we have to make everything a competition? Is it because we're proud beings? or is it because we have little motivation stemming from our own wills, rather find our motivations in collective wills?

Anyway, good luck anthony. I'm in the same battle, trying to lose my ponch (which i'm pretty sure is a portmanteau for man-pouch, or that flabby thing that hangs from the tummy).

Also, i started reading frankenstein and it's blowing my mind. have you read it?

darker than silence said...

It's a friendly competition, not one of the ones that breeds enmity; and we are in it because there are fun prizes :) But ultimately I'm doing this because I want to lose weight and get in shape, though my reasons for it are entirely selfish.

I haven't read Frankenstein since high school, but if I remember correctly, it's less of a horror and more of a story about compassion and loneliness, am I correct?

Travis said...

Glad to see you made the decision to better yourself physically. I can see a bit of difference from the photos.

Keep up the good work bud.

Cory Isaac said...

it is definitely about loneliness and compassion. i'm only half-way through, however. i have yet to hear victor's response to the monsters story (which is told quite eloquently... for a monster). i keep thinking of the hulk with a refined british elegance.

darker than silence said...

The Hulk with a refined British elegance... Nice, Man. You should write reviews for classics from the perspective of modern-day, that'd be cool.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...