Saturday, November 14, 2009

my weekend

Friday was a pretty good day. Work was filled with lots of laughter, and I got to work with Alli, whom I almost never work with. Jessie came over to do laundry, and then my friend Isaac swung by and we had good conversation with the last of the red wine from the fridge. Ams and I went to the Kenwood Mall, and we hooked up with Sarah, who bought a nice coat and a hat from Forever21, and then we went to Victoria's Secret where I got my men's cologne. Christian, Tiz, and Jessie met up with us at the mall, but I headed back down to the house to finish my classwork, and Sarah went to a bar in Clifton to hang out with some friends. I went to the Hilltop after finishing my classwork, and Gambill and I played three rounds of Koala Ping Pong followed by pool. Koala Ping Pong is essentially the same, except instead of playing across one table you play across TWO tables, shooting the ball between the tables. It's always good times filled with lots of laughter. We went to Chipotle (I didn't get anything), and then he and I went over to Rob and Mandy's to enjoy some time on the Wii.

Yesterday morning I made breakfast for Sarah (eggs and toast), and after she headed to work, I did pilates. Jessie came over to pick up her laundry, and I made her scrambled eggs with cheese and fixed her a cup of Venezuelan coffee. I went over to Mandy's, and we played Mario Cart on the Wii, and then I drove her to Tazza Mia, where her husband Rob works, dropped her off, got a delicious caffe caramel, and then ate lunch with Sarah at her work while filling out my application for Grad School. I had a Greek pizza, and she fixed herself a pepperoni pizza. I returned home and relaxed for a bit, and when Sarah got home we did a bunch of cleaning: she cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, and I cleaned the dining room and living room. I did a pretty intense workout--I've been sick for the past two weeks, an awful throat infection, and thus haven't been doing cardio, but I want to start up again this week, and today's workout was a good re:introduction--and then Sarah headed north to her aunt and uncle's place in Wilmington (her cousin Luke was in a play, her aunt was having a massage fundraiser at the house, and her little cousin Becca was having a sleepover and Sarah was monitoring). Later in the evening Blake and Amos came over, and we took awkward pictures and played "The Office: Trivia" and fixed oriental chicken rollups. They left, and before bed Mandy asked if I had a voice recorder for an interview of a Buddhist man tomorrow, so I ran it over to her house. Sarah called in Wilmington and she told me all about the play and we talked for a while, and then I finally passed out.

I was going to go to Dayton today to deliver some paperwork to a friend for my application to CBS, but I set my alarm to PM instead of AM and woke up way too late. I fixed an egg burrito for breakfast, worked out, and now I'm sitting here on my laptop. I don't have any real plans for the day (except to clean my room), but I hope to hang out with my Thai friend Sa-Rah sometime this afternoon. When Sarah gets back tonight, we're going to rent a movie and watch it and just relax. A pretty good weekend, for sure.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...