Monday, November 02, 2009

Weigh-In #1: 2 Weeks, 5 Days

On November 3, tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since Sarah and I entered a weight-loss competition with her Uncle Jeff and Aunt Tina. We've been eating really well--fruits, vegetables, whole grains, grilled chicken and fish--and have been exercising daily (though I've been doing much better than Sarah; but she has little-to-nothing to lose, quite unlike me). On Friday I weighed myself, and I've lost... uh-oh. Gained five pounds. Yikes! It freaked me out, but then I realized that while I have been eating much healthier and exercising, the majority of my exercises have been strength-training. I'm sure I've lost fat, but I've been gaining muscle. And lots of it. When I take off my shirt, Sarah notices that I look skinner. My little sister noticed it, too. I took a picture two weeks ago, and I took a picture on Friday, and there is a difference (though minimal, to say the least). To increase the fat burning I have added more cardio onto my routine, mixed in with strength training, which is what works according to The Biggest Loser. Here are the pics (I will take a picture every one to two weeks to catalogue my progress) (the last one is the most recent):

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...