Friday, November 20, 2009

one month and i graduate!

I just got done with my last shift of work at the cafe before Thanksgiving Break. Thus I am now opening my arms wide to what should be a fantastic week. Nate--my boss and my good friend--kept making jokes at work about how bad a worker I was (I used to be awful, but I'm "reformed" as Karen said), and Karen (my other boss) didn't like the fact that he was saying such things, and so she let me get a free drink. So I ordered an iced caramel macchiato and it is now sitting in the fridge; I'll drink it after my nap. Dylan and Tyler were supposed to come down today, but we've postponed it till Wednesday; I may end up going to Springboro tonight to take part in the annual Christmas festival. If so, I'll give Dylan and Tyler a ring (who live nearby), and we'll hit it up together. It's always a good chance to run into old friends and drink free coffee in the cold. I told Nate today, "Nothing's better than a hot latte when the rain is pouring and the wind is blowing." I'll settle for coffee tonight if I head up there.

I got a phone call from a place in Kentucky that works with disadvantaged men and women, and they asked me to come in for an interview. There are both Full Time and Part Time positions available; while I'd probably just be a paper-pusher, I'd be content knowing I was working with a company that actually sought to make a difference in peoples' lives. I'm going to call them Monday and schedule the interview.

Everything is completed for my graduation save for a few term papers. I'll finish them by the end of the week, turn them in, and from then out it's smooth sailing. I've been nervous--as most are--about graduation, especially whether or not I've met all the requirements (there are so many at CCU). But I just received an email telling me everything is good to go. I've got all the classes, all my community service hours, filled out all the necessary paperwork... Come, December 19th, come!

My friend Jess Lynn is calling in a few moments, and then I'm going to work out for a bit and take a nap. Definitely looking forward to the nap more.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...