Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tazamia!

Mandy and I went to her husband Rob's coffee shop. She got a latte and a scone, and I got a latte and a bagel with cream cheese. We sat and talked and laughed about many things, conversed about school and those things that get underneath our skin. It is a wonderful coffee shop, and their espresso is fabulous. Their regular drip coffee, however, is brewed too dark, and is about as tasteless as Starbucks. Mandy and I both hate Starbucks coffee. I have a friend who is a manager at a Starbucks, and she loves getting drinks at the Hilltop because we have good espresso. Here is a pic of Mandy and me at the coffee shop:

Today I have class 12:30-4:00, and either beforehand or after I will be doing my workout, probably do the following tunes repeated over and over: "Europe: The Final Countdown," "2Unlimited: Get Ready for This," and "Cascada: Every Time We Touch." I like the beats and it keeps me going. I told my friend Jess today, "I used to HATE working out, I used to dread it, but now I look forward to it. It's the highlight of my day." Later Sarah and I may go to The Blind Lemon, get some delicious hot chocolate or such. Tomorrow I may hang out with my friend Amos, and Thursday Sarah and I are going up to her aunt and uncle's house to spend time with the family and to do our third-week weigh-in. Hopefully the five pounds I gained will be shredded by then! If we lose the contest, Sarah and I have to babysit their kids for a night while they go on an overnight date. If they lose, they come down to Cincinnati and we all go to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. Honestly, whoever wins, I win: because I'll enjoy both.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...