Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weigh-In #4: Three Weeks, Five Days

So apparently, when it comes to figuring out dates and weeks and months and years, I suck. On the last update I said that we were starting the fourth week, but that was wrong. We were still in the third week of the weight loss journey. I redid all the math just a few moments ago, and today we are on the seventh day of the third week (so almost four weeks). The last update was titled "Four Weeks" which implied that we were four weeks in; what it means is that we were starting our fourth week. So from now on, as you can see above, the weigh-ins will be titled according to the week we are in followed by the day within that week (so the last update would have been three weeks, one day, or something like that; and today is three weeks, six days). Anyways.

The journey continues! Last weigh-in (about a week ago) I was at 179. I'm at 178 right now. Only one pound lost. It's not surprising. I didn't eat very well due to several parties I went to and a wedding. Both Sarah and I are being really strict this week. Even though I didn't eat strict last week, I didn't eat bad (only around 2000-2500 calories a day), and I continued working out with strength training. Because I was sick with an awful swollen throat, I didn't do any cardio; but now the sickness is gone, and I've done cardio for the last three days in addition to strength training. The results are not as candid as they have been, but I've gotten lots of compliments from friends at work and school. Apparently the weight loss has gotten to the point where people are noticing, which is exciting.

So I'm at 178, eating vegetables and fruit and whole grains and lean meats and lots of water. I'm doing cardio for twenty minutes a day now, and strength training for about an hour. My strength training includes working out every muscle group in my body. I start with the chest and arms, move onto the abs (upper, lower, sides), and then work down into the upper and lower legs. I also exercise the back and work on strengthening my core through pilates (though I have been slacking here lately). I'll update again next week, either on Wednesday or Thursday. Weekly updates from now on, not these wildly interspersed ones. Anyways. Today is a special day. Not only do you have a picture of me from last week and a picture taken literally ten minutes ago, but you also get to see a picture of my goal from when I was at my goal weight originally! Here we go (most recent picture is the second one):



All right. And here is a picture of my goal weight (around 140 pounds):

2 comments:

Cory Isaac said...

you're sucking it in in that second picture! i know it...

darker than silence said...

hahahaha

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...