Monday, November 23, 2009

my sunday

This morning I went to church at Vineyard Westside with Rob and Mandy. The preacher spoke on sex and marriage. At one point he was talking about the breaking of the virgin's hymen and the blood and its representation of covenant, and Mandy said, "At least this isn't weird," to which I replied, "All I know is that I'm really craving cherry cobbler." Afterward we went out to eat at the famed Price Hill Chili. My first time. Got a Mediterranean Pita Wrap and some fries. Back home I rearranged my room to make it cozier and homier (both Ams and Sarah really like it), and then I drank a cool glass of water (I was quite thirsty) and napped till 6:00. Sarah had gone to see her grandpa today, and when she came back home, we went and saw the new Twilight movie. She liked it. Almost cried. My review? "Two thumbs down." I told her, "I didn't hate it. It's just not my kind of movie." She said, "But you're a really sensitive and romantic guy!" to which I replied, "Yes. But I'm still a guy." Here's a pic I took from Newport on the Levee, where we saw the movie:

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...