Sunday, March 14, 2010

amanda's 21st


Last night was a mix of good and bad. I was in a bad mood most of the day. I went down to Cincinnati to see some friends, and that made it better. Mandy and I grabbed some bubble tea in Clifton. My mom and aunt came down to the Lehman House, and all of us went out to eat. Mom, Aunt Teri, Amanda, Sarah, Mandy and I enjoyed delicious Chinese from the buffet fifteen minutes down the street. Later in the evening I went to the Bloc coffee shop with Mandy, John, and Faikham, and then John and I went over to Rob's for coffee. I didn't get home till a
bout 4:00 a.m. last night (thanks to Daylight Savings Time). Before leaving I visited with Amanda and Sarah, and we shared lots of laughs and Sarah was laughing so hard that her stomach hurt. I didn't want to spend the night in Cincinnati because 1. it's not my home anymore (Centerville feels like home) and 2. I wanted to go to church this morning. Church didn't work out, however, because my cell phone died in the middle of the night. My alarm clock is on my cell phone, and so it didn't go off. I realized this when I woke up at 12:44 this afternoon. Oh: one of my ex-girlfriends, Julie, got married yesterday to an old friend, Tim. I heard it was a good wedding and I wish the best to both of them.

Today is Amanda's birthday. She came up and we went to The Pub to celebrate her 21st. I had fish & chips and a shot of "birthday cake" liquor. It was supposed to taste like birthday cake but it didn't. I think they may have made it wrong, because it tasted just like diluted tequila. Amanda is heading back to Cincinnati soon, and I'm going to clean out my car and write for a little bit. Probably an early bedtime. Tomorrow I'm going BACK to Cincinnati to box up everything I left down there when I moved home. I'll get to see several friends, which I'm pretty excited about; and getting everything out of there will be another burden off my chest.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...