Monday, March 15, 2010

i am tired

I am tired of having no money and nothing to do. The most obvious solution is to get a job. And being a common-sense person, I've tried to do so. I filled out applications and shot out resumes to about 90 places in Cincinnati. Around 40 here in Dayton. I've gone on lots of interviews. The problem is that there are so many unemployed around here that wherever I apply, there are people with more experience applying for the same job. And thus my only option may be to work at some retail center. Which I don't want to do, because those jobs don't pay the bills. I've applied to coffee shops around the area; hopefully my experience can land me a temporary job until I find something full-time where I can actually pay my bills, save up money, and get my own place. I feel stuck in unemployment and I hate it. I need something to do.

Today I went down to Cincinnati and packed up half my things. I'll take care of the second half within the next week or two. It was good seeing Amanda, Mandy, and Sarah. Tomorrow I am going to a job fair, and then my grandparents from my dad's side are taking me out to eat for lunch. I'm thinking Olive Garden. I've been craving their salad and bread sticks since the last venture there, and I want to try their portobella-stuffed ravioli. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will most likely be spent looking for jobs. An exciting week lies ahead of me...

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...