Tuesday, March 23, 2010

here we go...

Work has been going well. I really enjoy it. All the people are really great, and I enjoy the job. I knew I would: I enjoyed working at the Hilltop, doing coffee and such, interacting with customers and employees, and it's pretty much the same at Starbucks. While it's part of a chain (duh), the establishment itself functions a lot like an independent shop (in my experiences of those). I'm anxious to start doing lattes and cappuccinos. I miss doing them, and I'm pretty sure I'll catch on to Starbucks' recipe pretty easily. And not only do I enjoy my work, I have a job! It's so nice to have a source of income. It's freeing, really, from the trappings of unemployment. Things are looking up. I have a job, I'm making decent money, I have tons of friends, and I'm continuing to lose weight (weigh-in at the beginning of this month was 162, I'm now at 157, but won't be doing an official update until the beginning of April).

This evening Dylan and I are hanging out. Hitting up Starbucks. Ha. It's kinda weird since I work there now, but it was always our gathering-place to discuss theology, philosophy, and to share laughs over coffee. I'm looking forward to it. He may be moving to Seattle. I hope he does. Not that I want him gone. Selfishly, I don't. But it would be an amazing opportunity for him. Tomorrow I am going to a Starbucks Orientation meeting 3-8, then I work Thursday, and after having Friday and Saturday off, I gear it up for lots of back-to-back shifts at the beginning of next week. First paycheck is April 9th, I believe.

I rented some books on post-millennialism from the library. I have been swayed into the post-millennialist camp thanks to my Fall 2009 course in the Book of Daniel. These books come highly recommended, and I'm eager to tear through them. I think post-millennialism will make a great comeback in the next few decades.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...