Thursday, March 18, 2010

down to cincinnati i go

St. Patty's day was pretty good, and I didn't even drink a drop! Pat, Ashlie and I grabbed China Cottage, and then Dylan, Tyler and I hung out for a while. Good times. Tonight I am going down to Cincinnati. Mandy is throwing a post-St. Patty's Day party with lots of Irish food and Irish beer. On Friday I am giving my friend Jobst a ride from Cincinnati to Dayton, which means I'll be spending the night down there tonight. Not sure how I feel about that. Cincinnati doesn't feel like home anymore. The job search continues unsuccessfully. I applied to seven or eight places yesterday, and about five or six the day before. I've called back, but they're not interested. *sigh*

I think I had A.D.D. when it comes to my writing. Why do I say this? Because I jump around between projects like a frog jumping lily-pad to lily-pad. I currently have five books I'm working on: "The Boy Who Hoped", "A Dream For Us," "The Toothless Kiss of Skeletons," "36 Hours: A Tale of the Undead (2nd Edition)," and "Metamorphosis." All of them are totally different from the others. "The Boy Who Hoped" and "A Dream For Us" have the same feel, "The Toothless Kiss of Skeletons" is in its own league altogether, "36 Hours" is just an attempt at me to feel good about my most successful novel, and "Metamorphosis" is a creepy sci-fi/fantasy that is character-driven rather than story-driven (something totally different for me). Today I'll probably work on "36 Hours" and do some scratchings for "Metamorphosis" before making the trip down to Cincinnati.

I talked my dad into letting me take his monstrosity of a van down to Cincinnati so I can finish packing up my things (I'll leave behind, though, my bed and bookshelves, but that's about it). Now I must run around and see if I can't find some boxes. I have a LOT of crap to bring home, but I'll probably be tossing most of it into the trash. "Spring Cleaning" if you will. And it certainly feels like spring.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...