Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"monthy" weigh-in #3

This should actually be the fifth weigh-in (last monthly weigh-in was in December), but thanks to actually gaining weight in December and my camera being broken in both January and February, this is the third weigh-in. I have continued doing my normal diet and exercise (minus two weeks in December). In December I was at 170, and in January I was back at 174, but now I'm on the move again at 162.

My goal is to be at around 140 pounds. That was how much I weighed when I started at C.C.U. in 2005. I maintained that weight till the spring of 2006, held solid at around 155 till about October, and from October to January I went up to 170 pounds. I held steady at 175 for about half a year and then skyrocketed to 195 pounds. I was around 195 pounds for a year, and now I'm trying to get back down to 140. So I only have 22 pounds to go, and I've lost 33. Well over halfway there.

I'm continuing to do strength training, though my cardiovascular workouts have been non-existent for the past several weeks (thanks to the bitterly cold weather and the snow up to our knees). The snow is melting and I hope to get out on the bike or out in my tennis shoes and hit the pavement. I used to run two miles a day (a challenging feat for me now), and I want to get back in that groove.

Right now my aim is to be at 150 pounds by April Fool's Day. So I have about a month to get there and twelve pounds to lose. That's three pounds a week. Which means I should be at about 159 by Sunday, 156 by the next Sunday, 153 the third Sunday, and around 150 April 1st. Let's see if I can't kick things in gear.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...