Thursday, March 04, 2010

i'm going to chicago!

I had an interview this morning for a sales position within the "family services" balloon at Woodland Cemetery (the Wright Brothers are buried there, and it's in the top five most historic cemeteries in the country). If I got the job, I would basically be selling graves. I really want this job, and they said they'd call me next week if they want a second interview. After the interview I joined my dad (who works near the cemetery) for lunch at Jimmy John's. It was great. I haven't eaten at Jimmy John's since I was in Minnesota in the summer of 2008. They're tuna sandwich is to die for. Afterward we grabbed coffee at Starbucks (Dad got the Pike Place, and I got a tall americano with four shots of espresso).

My birthday is Monday--big ol' 23--and I'm going to be spending it with Jessie, who is turning 20 or 21 on that day, in Chicago. I can't afford it, so Jessie and the gang (Tony, Rob, and Mandy) are pitching in to pay my way. Saturday evening I'll go down to Cincinnati to see Ams, Sarah, and Sarah's little cousin Rebekah, and then Saturday night I'm hooking up with Rob, Mandy, and Tony, and we're driving to Jessie's house in Illinois. We'll spend Sunday at her place, eating good food and riding four-wheelers, and Monday morning we're catching a train to Chicago, spending the night there, and returning sometime Tuesday. I'm definitely looking forward to it. It'll be great spending time with all those guys, not to mention grasping at photo-taking opportunities (it's so nice having my camera fixed).

I weighed-in at 160 this morning. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be in the 150s. I'm sticking to only 1400 calories a day, and at my current activity level and weight, I need ballpark 2400 to remain where I'm at. So each day I'm shaving approximately 1000 calories from my body. 2000 calories are in a pound, so theoretically I should be losing a pound every two days. Not sure how realistic that theory is, but it's what I'm sticking to. At 160, I have lost 35 pounds and have 20 to go until I reach my 140# goal. And once the temperatures rise, I'm going to start running again. That'll be great.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...