Monday, March 08, 2010

the dayton days (V)

Monday. Aunt Teri, Grandma and I got breakfast buffet at Frisch's before they headed back to Kentucky. Grandpa M. found out Ams is dating a black guy and said he was disowning her. It's laughable. Sorry, Grandpa, but she's a few steps ahead of you. I showered and met Joe at the Spring Valley Starbucks. We talked theology, job hunting, our lives. I have a meeting with Roger on Wednesday, about me possibly teaching a small group on Romans, just like I did in Minnesota. Mom, Dad and I ate dinner, and I went to Wal-Mart. I have a job interview Thursday for a position at Woodland Cemetery in Dayton.

Tuesday. I went to Spring Valley for two shots of espresso and to read for a bit. Sarah, Ams and I had a conference call. Dinner was rice, chicken and vegetables. I worked out before Mom's High School Girl's bible study. Those two are in no way connected. Dylan and I met up at Spring Valley and he told some hilarious stories.

Wednesday. I did some reading at Starbucks ("Renovation of the Heart" by Dallas Willard), and then I called Jessie and we talked for a bit. Sarah called, said we needed to do one of our infamous videos soon. I met up with Roger at the church office. The Romans bible study is looking 50/50. It was good talking theology with someone knowledgeable. Eggs and toast for dinner. Maria G. thinks I'm cute. I knew her from my days at C.C.U. She's cute, too. It's nice that girls think I'm cute now. On that note, there's a young girl at DLM who's constantly flirting with me. Short, blond hair, super cute, but I'm not sure if she's in high school or not, so that's a no-go.

Thursday. I headed up to downtown Dayton, all dressed up in a suit, for my interview at Woodland Cemetery. I think I was way overdressed. But I looked GOOD in that suit. The interview went well. The job would be selling grave. I met up with Dad for lunch at Jimmy John's and coffee from Starbucks. Jessie called and invited me to go with her, Tony, Rob & Mandy to Chicago Saturday through Thursday. "We'll pay for you! It'll be your birthday present!" I went to the school to talk to Mom about it. She's gonna give me $30-40 to pay for food and such. I called Jessie and told her, and she freaked out. So did Mandy, when she found out. So I'll be chilling with friends in southern Illinois Sunday night and spending Monday and Tuesday in Chicago. Mom came home around 6:00 and we had chicken, rice, and veggies for dinner. I went to Spring Valley and read 1 Peter 1. Jess Lynn called, said she at the Centerville Kroger, so I was there in no time. She was hungry, so we went and got Chinese. I just got a zombie alcoholic drink. She's lost a LOT of weight, is absolutely adorable. She gave me a list in a guy. I fit the bill, except for smoking. "You can't date me, then!" I exclaimed. She just laughed. She invited me to see "Alice in Wonderland" with her friends Sunshine & Andrew, and we did, and that was a blast.

Friday. Jess Lynn came over for a bit, and I made coffee and we talked. She was really tired. It looked like she wanted to cuddle, but I just shrugged it off. I wanted to cuddle and kiss, too, but knew it was a bad idea. She left, and later in the day Mandy, Jessie & Tony came up. We went to the Air Force Museum at Wright-Pat Air Force Base. We couldn't stay long, because it closed at 5:00. Mandy and I were cracking our shit up, laughing to the point of tears, curled up on the ground in the hangar underneath the wings of WW2 fighter planes. Also, I fell out of the cockpit of an F16. Mandy almost killed us by pulling in front of a dump truck, but I averted our deaths in a panic that made her scream. "I'm sorry," I snapped, "but I thought you were going to kill us, and I reacted accordingly!" Dylan, Tyler and I hung out for a little bit at Spring Valley. Oh: I won a gym membership I applied for in a drawing a few weeks ago!

Saturday. I went to see about the gym membership. Essentially it's a $400 membership offered for $33 a month. I grabbed lunch with Dewenter and his dad at China Cottage. His dad paid, and we talked about my unsuccessful job hunting. It's been nearly two months without a source of income, and I hate it. I packed my bags and headed down to Cincinnati. Amos and I went to The Anchor for dinner and smoked our pipes. I went back down to the Lehman House and all the windows were open because it's so nice out. I saw Ashley M. and talked with her for a bit. Sarah got home from Wilmington around 8:00 with her little cousin Rebekah. Sarah looked absolutely beautiful, even though she was griping about how "fat" she felt. I went to Mandy's, and we went to Tony's, and then the four of us--Rob, Mandy, Tony and I--went to Mahomet, Illinois. I took NyQuil and slept most of the way there. We got into Illinois around 2:30 AM our time.

Sunday. We all got up around 8:00 and had pancakes, eggs, toast, and cereal for breakfast. Pretty damn tasty. We went to downtown Champagne, visiting antique shops and hitting up the local cafe for tea and coffee. We went to Jessie's dad's house, met her step-mom and half-sisters, Journey & Jade. Her step-mom Julie made a delicious country meal ("They're goat-herders!") and we played some board-games. After the meal I lounged out in the chair like a sex god. Jessie's best friend Rae, who's dating Jessie's brother Jake, came back to Jessie's house with us.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...