Monday, March 01, 2010

first post of march '10

I finished my thirteen-page essay on what it means to love God. Once I edit it, I'll put it on scribd and link it on here. I have been thinking a lot lately about three things.

First, "What does it mean to love other people?"
Second, "What does spiritual reformation really look like and how does it happen?"
And third: Post-millennialism. I'm leaning towards it currently.

My aunt and grandma headed back to Kentucky today. I've gained four pounds over the weekend, thanks to lots of party food. Time to kick my butt back in gear. I want to be at 162 by Friday. Shouldn't be a problem.

I finished another chapter in the "36 Hours: A Tale of the Undead" revision. The third and final part of the main story is a real hassle.

Maebe is the fattest hamster anyone has seen. I'm putting her on a diet and exercise regimen.

I'm reading Dallas Willard's "Renovation of the Heart" (again). Phenomenal.

Mom and I are going to Wal-Mart this evening. How exciting. My doctor and I are getting Starbucks in an hour. I'm meeting with my pastor on Wednesday to talk about some things. It should be good. Jess Lynn may be in town this week. If so, it'd be great to see her. Tyler and I may hang out this evening. Dewenter and I usually just hang out on the weekends. I want to see Hank and Ashlie again sometime this week. It needs to happen. Chris called wanting to hang out. Definitely need to jump on that.

Sadly, I probably won't be in Cincinnati till April unless I'm running errands. (I left my diploma there on accident) But when I do go back, I've got tons of people to see: Jessie, Mandy, Rob, Tony, Amos, Gambill, the list goes on and on.

Mandy C. and Ashley are having their wedding showers here on April 3rd. Lots of great people will be here, including my cousins. This wedding shower is non-traditional. Guys will be there, too.

My birthday is this week. Mom and Dad are treating me to a dinner of my choice. Red Lobster? Olive Garden? Hmmm. Probably Olive Garden. Their seafood portofino--not to mention salad and breadsticks--is to die for. My birthday gift this year is money. Which I need a lot of. My birthday is also Jessie's birthday. Maybe I'll spend my birthday money celebrating her birthday. That sounds smart.

I have an interview Thursday at a cemetery in Dayton.

Maebe is in her ball and stuck under my bed.
I have to fetch her.
Goodbye for now.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...