Monday, March 29, 2010

another journal completed


I finished my last journal on Saturday. It ran from December 19, 2009 to March 27, 2010. It covered a LOT of events in my life, the most prominent being my head-over-heels adoration for a girl who doesn't feel the same way towards me, the worst night of my life thus far, and moving back to Centerville.

The journal before that--from October 2009 to December 18, 2009--was pretty much all about me graduating college and liking the girl I hoped to one day be with (it never happened). The third to last journal--from April 2009 to September 2009--included everything from last summer, dating my last girlfriend, and the realization that despite all efforts not to, I was falling for a girl I lived with. The journal before that included most of my last spring semester of college and my liking a girl named Mandy. The journal before that one ran from my internship in Minnesota to the breakup with Karen and the forging of great friendships that continue to this day (John, Jessie, Mandy H.). Yesterday I labeled all of them and stuck them away with the rest of my journals. June 2008 - March 2010 has been squared away. Now I am looking forward, wondering what elations and heartbreaks the next two years will bring. Wondering how much my life will change. And--for once--I have high hopes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...