Saturday, March 20, 2010

and i have a job


I went in for the interview and sat down with a free triple-shot espresso. We started the interview and she asked me all kinds of questions and I answered them well. At the end of the interview she offered me the job. Full-time barista, something right up my alley! I miss making coffee, but I'll soon be revisiting my old hobby. And I'll get to do it A LOT. She said I was her top choice and she wanted to make sure I wasn't weird, which I take to mean "creepy." I am not creepy, albeit slightly weird, and I'm pretty excited to finally have a job. Once I start (after training), I'll make enough to get my own place. There are some pretty cheap apartments in the area, and I've already gotten a call back for a one-bedroom for $429 a month. Not making any leaps here, but definitely thinking ahead.

Now I'm off to New Carlisle to celebrate an early Easter with Dad's side of the family. Good food, good fun, good coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to church, chatting up a few people, and hopefully hanging out with Pat, Dylan, and Tyler. And Monday I start training. Things are looking good.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...