Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicago Report

Chicago was amazing. We were only there for about a total of 24 hours, but we did a LOT. On Monday (also my birthday, and also Jessie's birthday) we walked around downtown for several hours, visiting shops and cafes. We hit up an amazing coffee bar, and then we trolled around Navy Pier and rode the famous Ferris wheel. That night we visited the Sears (err, Willis) Tower, and then we grabbed dinner at an authentic Chicago pizza joint. Late into the night we walked the empty streets with the lamp-lights burning through the heavy fog. We walked through a park and the trees were shrouded in mist and it was quite creepy. On Tuesday we went to the Planetarium and were going to go to China Town but ran out of time. I took lots of good pictures, but my favorite is one taken at The Chicago Bean. It's right here:

Now that I'm back home, I will continue the job search and continue losing weight. The weather is sunny and beautiful and I hope it stays but I doubt it will. I'm going to listen to some Owl City and work out and then eat dinner with my family--Olive Garden, probably, though Jimmy John's is in the running--and even see my little sister. Jess Lynn is calling me tonight and that will be good. I always enjoy talking to her. Oh: all the pictures I took are on the right side-bar of my blog, at the bottom. It's a slide-show. Check it out if you care.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...