Tuesday, March 30, 2010

training is complete

Most of my training with Starbucks is finished. At this point I've put in 32 hours or so of training. Tomorrow I work my first "solo shift" (i.e. a shift where I don't have someone shadowing me, though the shadowing lately has been close to nonexistent). I like the job so far, and I knew I would. I loved working at the Hilltop, and though this is a totally different establishment, it still has the same "feel." I'm very thankful for this job. I work tomorrow 6:00-1:00, then Thursday 6:00-noon, I'm off Friday, work till 4:00 Saturday, and off Sunday. The party at the house is Saturday at 1:00, so I'll be missing that, which is sad, but I may be able to catch most of the people I want to see before they leave. Friday I'm writing a paper for my friend (didn't get around to it Saturday). It should be decently interesting. 15-20 pages. A piece of cake.

Life is getting better. I now have a full-time job and a source of income. Within the next couple months I'll have my own place. I've been reconnecting with old friends and am making new ones. I don't think about "her" too often, but sometimes I do. It is something that will just pass, either gradually or all-at-once. Most people say I should totally detach myself from her, but I care too deeply for her to do that. And in so doing, I may be digging my own grave. Call it love--in the most pragmatic sense of the word--or call it foolishness. Maybe the two actually go together?

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...