Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Anchor

Out of all the great places in Cincinnati, The Anchor is the best. It's been a popular date-spot for all my exes, minus two. The atmosphere, ambiance, and especially the food make it, in my opinion, the best diner in all of Cincinnati (although it's actually in Covington, KY, right across the river). I came down this afternoon after grabbing Chinese with Dewenter and his father, Doug, whom I haven't seen in about five years (good times). I called Amos and we hit up The Anchor with our pipes. It's the first time I've broken out my pipe since he and I smoked it together a few weeks ago. I look classy:

I'm sitting in the dining room at my old place, what I call "The Lehman House" as opposed to my current residence, "The Dayton House." All the windows are open and the house is a mess, which I find funny because Amanda always blamed the messiness on me, and I haven't lived here for over a month. But I like the windows being open because it's so nice outside and the breeze is delicate yet stiff, and it's nice to hear the birds singing again. Usually Ohio has a brief "hiatus" from winter in the beginning of March which is quickly replaced by a blizzard of sorts and schools and businesses end up closing their doors.

I'm going to use this three-day "vacation" to jump-start my non-smoking activities. I'm not taking any cigarettes nor buying any. I'll be around people who don't smoke so I won't be tempted to bum one off them. I really want to get in shape. I mean, I'm already heading in that direction. But I want to make a yet-to-be-realized radical life-change. I want to be healthy, wealthy, and wise. But I'll settle for just one of those.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...